The building that now houses our business was originally built in the 1900s as a train depot for Lake Toxaway. Its original purpose is reflected in the style of the architecture, which we have tried to preserve amid renovations.
"In 1904, the Transylvania Railroad was extended to the Lake Toxaway depot. The depot received four trains a day delivering passengers to stay at the Toxaway Inn or transfer to a stagecoach for travel to the other resorts further up the mountain." Lake Toxaway Company